Monday, 6 November 2017

Kodu Pac-Man

Cycle's Program↴

 Kodu's Program as the ghost↴

 The Map of the game↴


Questions↴

  1.  How close is your game to the original? What is different? What is the same?
  2. What extra or creative details did you change or add to your version of the game? Why did you create these changes? 
  3. What difficulties did you have? How did you fix this?
  4. What feedback did your beta testers have for you and how did you implement their suggestions?
  5. What would you improve with your game? What would be the next step with your game?

Answers↴

  1. Well I don't think that my game is close to the original, the difference is that my game has 1 ghost (Kodu) and the game layout is small compared to the original Pac-Man it's quite big, the walls and apples stayed the same.
  2. I didn't really add creative details, I was planning to make the setting dark like the original Pac-Man setting, and neon colors. I changed the characters, Cycle is Pac-Man and Kodu will be the ghost. 
  3. Well at first there we'rent any difficulties, but when I added Kodu as the ghost, the program that the tutorial told me to do, didn't work. It wasn't wandering around, it was trying to go through the walls moving towards Cycle. I didn't know how to fix it, so I just went with it. 
  4. The first person that played my game was my friend, which he is not in the same class, he told me the pros and cons of the game. PRO: "Great idea direction and the controls are easy to use". CON: "Too easy (in his opinion), the drifting with the character makes it a little hard to control at first, and a bigger map". Then I've asked Mr. Chen to play the game, and he said that I needed to add more ghost, for it to make it less easy but not too hard.
  5. I would change the size of the map, giving it more space for the person and the character to explore, as well as to add obstacles, more power up points, and ghosts. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the game. Like you mentioned in your answer one improve you can make it to add additional power ups on top of the extra point stars.

    - Mr Chen

    ReplyDelete

Final Project - Complete

Game File https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yA0lWALPS3TBrBv5BS262jzfp2v1QeRh/view?usp=sharing List of tutorials/assets https://www.you...