Wednesday, 13 September 2017

Game Designer Skills



The 3 skills that I'm comfortable with

Brainstorming, I'm comfortable making and researching new ideas and share them. I've had a few ideas back then when I was playing a game with my friends, and how I wanted to change something in the game. Then one of my friends told me that you can send an email to one of the developers for any suggestions you have. Such as adding game modes, music, and items. So I've sent an email to one of the game developers, and they've replied that they will add them to the game when they've announced the next update. So, after the update people that playing the game enjoyed the new items as well as the game modes. So, I considered this as my "skill" I'm not entirely sure, but I'm pretty good at making new ideas and make sure that everyone in the game is having fun.

Playing Games, I've been playing many different game genre, but I mostly play first person shooter such as Warface, and I still can't really shoot properly. And I've been trying out any games that is popular and then write reviews about the pros and cons, I sometimes would recommend my friends to play the games that I've played, to hear what they have to say about the story line, graphics, the whole game play and we usually discuss it together and think of anything to make the game better.

Visual Arts, I've been watching youtube artists, and how they draw these OC's (original characters) and giving advice to others of how to find an inspiration and how to get started on sketching. I'm entirely NOT the best at drawing good detailed bodies and picking colors, I'm still learning the basics and I've been practicing. And recently, I'm into doing sketching on a computer like Digital Art, watching youtubers drawing and adding lighting and colors together, doing Digital Art is pretty hard but really fun once you get right into it. I've draw few one of my OC's and they look very nice. I wanted to draw a fan character, that is like the new hero of OverWatch. I would look for a style and trying to make it like an original character, but apparently I've taken those ideas into my character from movies and game characters. I've always wanted to create a person, that is either a hero, a villain, animal, anything basically and make them come to life and be played by other people.

_________________________________________________________________________

The one skill that I might be struggling with is Engineer. It says that engineering involved codes, and I'm not good at coding, but I used to join coding club where we used Scratch and do basic codes with the character. So basically I know very little of coding, I am NOT skilled at it but I would love to learn more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Project - Complete

Game File https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yA0lWALPS3TBrBv5BS262jzfp2v1QeRh/view?usp=sharing List of tutorials/assets https://www.you...